Saturday, February 5, 2011

EOC week 4: Birthday Party

If I was offered to photograph a Birthday party for five hundread dollars, I would sit down with the people throwing the party, in advanced, give or take two weeks, and ask them to fill me in on who's party it is, what they want, but before all that, if it's me and my work that they want.

I'd write down an agreement with them on what is to be expected. It's go something along the lines of if they wanted a studio set up at the party where guests would come and take pictures with the birthday person or if it's going to be people posing with a mascot of some sort or if I were just going to walk around like a silent spectator and shoot candid moment photographs.

After that was settled, I bring in the cost of equipment and what is to be expected from the service and if they would like to offer more money for better quality.

After equipment is settled, we compromise on a package deal that would set how many pictures the client would be getting and if they would like it on a CD, shot in film and printed, or both. Whatever the client wants, depending on if they want to spend just five hundread or more. In the case of five hundread, I'd say digital and on a CD.

Then I'd offer them a certain amount of pictures edited and lure them into buying more. If they bite the bate, a five hundread dollar oppertunity to blossom onto a six hundread dollar one or more.

After all had been settled and I'm compensated for all their expectations, I print the agreement and get everything down on paper, to save me from legal issues later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment