Saturday, January 22, 2011

EOC week 2: Sacrifice

Watching the film 'Rear Window' in class gave me a taste of what reality really is. If you truly love something and feel extremely passionate for it, what will you sacrifice in order for you to continue doing so?


In 'Rear Window', Jeff gives up his relation with Lisa to continue doing his work. Being who I am, I've done the exact same. I've given up being romantically involved, I've given up hours of paid work, sleep, basically everything one would consider important or beneficial to living for my passion. I think this is going to be the end of me, I'll probably end up living in my car, but as long as I have my camera in my hand, I'll be ok. Nothing in the world would be able to tear down my mood, as long as my camera works.


Hopefully with my talant, I don't end up homeless and eventually these sacrifices will pay off in the end. And like Karma it will all come back and I shall prosper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment