Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 6 Photo Challenge: Painting with Light


This photograph was taken in the dead of night underneath the sewers of Sunrise Manor. A couple of friends and I went exploring after I scouted the place prior and found graffiti on the walls of the tunnels. Wanting to illuminate the walls, I decided to do  lighting painting so I could get the graffiti with a romantic type of illumination. I found a really neat lighting process with fire. It's painting light with steel wool. Basically you rub steel wool against a battery while it's tied to a clothes hanger or something durable against fire. When the steel wool communicates with the battery it catches on fire. After that, it basically shoots out tiny fireballs which makes for a really cool effect.

In this image I basically motioned my hands as if I were doing graffiti myself just to make it look like my light was also graffiti and it kinda looks legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment