Saturday, January 15, 2011

EOC week 1: My Voice

     My name is Carlos Quiroz and I am an aspiring photographer.  Photography is my life, without it, I don't think I could live another day; Photography is a nessecity to me as much as breating and eating is a requirement to exist.  See, I grew up with a lot of social issues and I always found myself searching for a way to communicate with others. Just when everything seemed hopeless,  I picked up a camera and started taking pictures, it was then I could rely my feelings into roll of film. Photogrpahy has really created an avenue of expression for me that has helped me open up to a world I once felt isolated from. 

     When photographing a model, I capture a connection with them. It's as though looking through my viewfinder taps into their inner core and creates a bridge where the gates to my guarded mind open for a split second, for that moment alone, I capture a piece of myself that people never see, and I am able to form it into something tangible, something real.

     I pursue this as a career and I hope that one day I can make this into a lifetime profession and continue creating these fragments of myself so I can look back one day, when I'm old and weary in bed, and reflect with family on how amazing it was to have a life worth living here on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment